Invisalign® clear aligners are an effective alternative to traditional braces. They involve a system of clear, removable trays used to straighten teeth. Each aligner is custom-made to fit over your teeth and is designed to move teeth gradually into their proper position.
Using Invisalign clear aligners for orthodontic treatment is not for everyone. The best way to find out if Invisalign clear aligners are the right option for you is to schedule a consultation with your orthodontist.
How do Invisalign clear aligners work?
Invisalign clear aligners are used as an alternative to traditional braces, and are designed to help guide teeth into proper position. Just like braces, Invisalign clear aligners use gradual force to control tooth movement, but without any metal wires or brackets.
The aligners are made with a strong plastic material that has been fabricated to fit your mouth. As treatment progresses, you switch aligners. Each aligner is a little different, so your teeth move a little more with every change.
Aligners are worn for at least 20 hours each day, and you'll receive a new aligner every two weeks. The length of your treatment depends on the severity of your case. Treatment can take anywhere from six months to two years.
Advantages of orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear aligners:
Invisalign clear aligners are a great alternative for patients who want a straighter smile but do not want to wear metal braces, They also work for patients who have had treatment in the past and want to make minor corrections to their smile. There are several advantages to orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Invisalign clear aligners are easier to keep clean, making it easier to maintain the health of your teeth and gums.
- Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable and less likely to irritate your gums and cheeks.
- Invisalign clear aligners prevent wear on the teeth from tooth grinding.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable, so it's easier for you to brush and floss after meals.
If you're interested in orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear aligners, schedule an appointment and talk to your orthodontist about whether this is the right treatment option for you. Scheduling a consultation is your first step toward achieving the beautiful smile you've always wanted.
Not sure whether to choose Invisalign or braces?
Consider these added benefits that our patients rave about!
- Virtually Invisible: Which means no one needs to know you're in treatment! All photos will be braces free!
- Removable: Which means no food restrictions or special food preparations. Also, brushing and flossing is normal which makes it easier to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy!
- Comfortable: No wires or brackets to irritate your lips or cheeks. The advanced Invisalign technology allows for tooth movement to be divided into smaller increments leading to less discomfort overall!
- Time Saving and Flexible: Invisalign is ideal for your busy lifestyle with fewer doctor visits and typically less time per visit. Additionally, since there are no brackets to break there is less of a risk of added appointments that may conflict with school, work, and/or activities.